Who Should Consider Bankruptcy?
Many people who are facing financial difficulty think that bankruptcy is only for people who are flat broke or have gotten themselves into some sort of trouble. This is a strong misconception about bankruptcy that keeps many of the people who could realize the greatest amount of benefit from even considering it as an option.
At the law firm of Claeys, McElroy-Magruder & Kitchens, our Augusta lawyers have helped people from all walks of life file for bankruptcy, including executives, lawyers, doctors, real estate agents, laborers, office workers and recent college graduates. In our experience, there is no single type of person who stands out as being a better candidate for bankruptcy than another. Who should consider bankruptcy? Anyone who is struggling financially.
How Do I Know If I Am A Good Candidate For Bankruptcy?
There can be a number of warning signs to indicate financial difficulty. You don’t have to wait until you start getting collection calls to seek relief through bankruptcy. If you are struggling to keep up with your monthly bills, and your income seems to cover little more than your monthly bills, it could be time to learn more about your debt relief options.
The following are some common signs that you may benefit from bankruptcy:
- You rely on credit to bridge the gap between your income and expenses.
- Your minimum monthly credit card payments don’t do anything to reduce the principal balance.
- You have suffered a substantial loss in income or become unemployed.
- You have received a large medical bill that is interfering with your ability to pay other bills.
- Your creditors are threatening to sue you in order to collect the money you owe.
- You are behind on your mortgage payments and may be facing foreclosure.
- Your auto lender is threatening to repossess your car because of missed payments.
Discuss Your Bankruptcy Questions With One Of Our Attorneys
Contact us today for a free bankruptcy consultation with an experienced Georgia lawyer. We have offices in Augusta, Dublin and Statesboro as well as a mobile office to serve you. We are available during regular business hours and by appointment evenings and weekends.
Call One Of Our Three Convenient Georgia Offices
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.