JOHN P. CLAEYS
- Georgia, 1979
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1979
- Georgia Supreme Court, 1979
- Southern District of Georgia, 1989
- Northern District of Georgia, 1992
- 11th Circuit, Court of Appeals, 1982
- University of Georgia – School of Law, Athens, Georgia: J.D.
- University of Georgia – Terry School of Business – Athens, Georgia – MBA
- University of Georgia – (cum Laude) Athens, Georgia
Georgia Bar Association Honors
- Recipient of the Blue Key Award
- AM Trial Lawyers Top 100 in Georgia
- Association of Trial Lawyers
- Member of the Rotary Club
- Member of Board & Past President of the B & GC of Augusta
John grew up in Augusta, Georgia. He earned a B.A. (cum Laude) from the University of Georgia in 1973. He attended the Terry School of Business, receiving a Masters of Business Administration (Finance) in 1979. He also attended the University of Georgia law school, obtaining a JD in 1979.
During law school, he was accepted into the Prosecutorial Clinic and worked with the District Attorney’s office in preparing and trying cases under the Third Year Practicing Act. He also worked part time with the State Court Solicitor for Clarke County, eventually handling more than two dozen jury trials in State Court.
Since his admittance to the Bar, John has limited his practice to civil litigations, and has successfully handled thousands of cases on behalf of his clients. The majority of his civil practice is personal injury, including wrongful death and trucking cases.