KELLY BRASHEAR KITCHENS
- State of Georgia, 1996
- Georgia Supreme Court, 1996
- Southern District of Georgia, 2003
- University of Georgia – Bachelor of Arts – Political Science, 1989-1993
- University of Georgia School of Law – Mock Trial Team, J.D. 1993-1996
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- State Bar of Georgia, Bankruptcy Law Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section
- National Association of Ch. 13 Trustees
- 65% Bankruptcy
- 35% Family Law
- Chapter Advisor, Alpha Chi Omega, Augusta University Chapter
- Former Booster Club Secretary, Academy of Richmond County
- Georgia Bulldog Club
Kelly is an Augusta native, graduating from Westside High School in 1989 before leaving to attend the University of Georgia for both undergraduate studies and law school. After graduation, Kelly returned home to Augusta to serve as a prosecutor for the Augusta District Attorney’s Office. Kelly served in that capacity for over four years and during that time tried over 100 cases – everything from traffic charges to murder. During that time, Kelly specialized in crimes against children and served on both the Fatality Review Panel for Richmond County and becoming a Certified Forensic Child Interviewer by the National College of District Attorneys.
After her time at the Augusta District Attorney’s Office, Kelly joined her current law firm and has focused primarily on bankruptcy and family law. She enjoys helping people navigate difficult situations to achieve the best possible outcomes. She continues an active litigation practice in those areas.
Kelly has been married to her husband, Bill for 22 years and has two sons, ages 21 and 20. Justin is currently serving our country in the United States Air Force and Zachary is a student at the University of Georgia. Kelly is a huge sports fan and avidly follows both the University of Georgia Bulldogs and the Atlanta Braves. She also spend her time volunteering at Augusta University as an advisor and mentor to the young women in Alpha Chi Omega.